Hello and welcome to our new blog! We are so excited to share a blog that will combine our love of fashion and give you guys a peek into our lives as entrepreneurs. We will touch upon the behind the scenes of our work and personal life, share tips on styling our jewelry and what and who inspires us. We hope you will continue to join us by signing up for our newsletter (you’ll get a code for 20% off your order at t+j Designs if you do!) or if you prefer, add us to your RSS Feed or follow us on Bloglovin!
We realized how few photos we have of us together so a few weeks ago, we worked with the amazing Kirsten Miccoli to shoot these photos. We are excited to share them with you on the blog as well as give you a glimpse of our fall collection!
We know many of you have followed us through our other blogs, but there’s a lot we haven’t shared with our readers. We thought it would be fun in our first post to share with you 5 things you didn’t know about us and our company, t+j Designs!
5 things about Tiffany:
- I am the middle child, we also have a little brother named Billy! Growing up, I enjoyed being the middle child as I always had someone to play with. After my sister got older and wasn’t interested in playing with me anymore, I had a little brother that I got to play games with and read to. I absolutely loved it!
- I met my husband in college, he was in the fraternity across the street from my sorority. A friend introduced me to him because she claimed “he has as many shoes as you do!”
- My labor started with my water breaking while I was in bed. My doctor said that actually happens to less than 10% of women despite that’s the way it’s usually depicted in movies and TV shows as the beginning of labor.
- I was a wedding photographer for a few years before starting t+j Designs. My husband and I worked together as a team and we focused on destination weddings and got to travel to some amazing locations.
- I started my blog back in 2008 as a way to plan my wedding and it quickly evolved into a fashion blog after I discovered I didn’t like wedding planning as much as I thought I would!
5 things about Jen:
- When I was a child I would tear pages out of magazines and tape them all over my walls in my room as inspiration My dream was to be a designer but really I just wanted to a part of fashion in any aspect.
- I used to watch the Style Channel about New York Fashion Week and dream about living in New York and going to fashion shows. I achieved my dreams of living in New York in 2009 and have gone to shows several times since then. Sometimes I still can’t believe all the fabulous things I’ve done by pursuing fashion.
- I have a huge fear of spiders and bugs. Not only do I run away, I scream like a little girl. Mice and snakes are less scary to me than spiders and bugs, it is an irrational fear I can’t get over. I even fear ladybugs.
- I only own two pairs of sneakers, one I’ve had forever when I used to work out and another pair my husband gave me two years ago when I claimed I was going to start working out. They are still sitting in the box untouched. I really really do love heels.
- I met my husband at a dive bar in San Francisco. A friend dragged me there for one drink because she thought the bartender was cute. That one drink changed my life.
5 things about t+j Designs:
- t+j Designs is a family business! Everyone in our family is involved in t+j Designs and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Our main office and warehouse is located in Kent, WA where you’ll find Tiffany, our parents and our wonderful shipping team! Jen works remotely from her home in Chicago and we love being able to work together even though we aren’t in the same city.
- Our first “warehouse” was our parents house. We had to get new space once we realized you couldn’t step one foot in their house without running into jewelry!
- The first time we were on the Today Show, we worked over 24 hours to ship 5,000 packages out of our parents house. It was 8 months after we launched t+j Designs and the most exciting thing that happened to us at that time.
- Our parents experience as entrepreneurs gave us the courage to launch t+j Designs. We got our business motivation and experience from my Dad and our fashion and style sensibility from our mom.
We hope you follow our journey in fashion and being strong, motivated, creative entrepreneurs. Our team heads to China soon to finish up our fall/holiday line so we have much to share behind the scenes of t+j Designs!